Today Scott pinned on Major!! The boys & I got dressed up & went to base to watch Scott's boss, Colonel Booth, promote him. Colonel Booth said some very nice things about Scott (we're not sure he knew who he was talking about!) & our boys had some very nice "running around screaming" time. Scott & I were just thankful everyone up Scott's chain of command loves kiddos. Daniel played peek-a-boo with the curtain you see in the pics behind Scott & managed to (almost) knock over the American flag. William ran laps around the conference room table, stopping only to join in the clapping & scream, "YAAAAAAAAAY!" in tune with the applause. I got to change the pins on Scott's jacket from the Captain's bars to the Major's oak leaf, & the boys "helped" me change the shoulder boards on his shirt from the bars to the leaf. They were so excited to help. We had lunch after the ceremony & then Colonel Booth gave Scott the rest of the day off.
1 comment:
In blues!?! Truly a staff weinie!
Post a Comment