Monday, January 10, 2011

My Baby is 6!!

I'm not sure what happened--he's six today?!?!?! And, what a grown-up 6 he's turned out to be! He's such a little mix of sweet on-my-way to grown-up and impish little boy. As headstrong as can be, but as sweet as can be, too!! He's halfway through his kindergarden year and doing very well in school--reading like a champ and starting to have spelling tests once a week now that he's finished all of his sight word tests. Recently, he's gotten very interested in all things anatomical, so I guess I'm going to have to pull out all of my old Anatomy and Physiology texts and give myself a little refresher. In true William fashion, every question leads to another until I find myself trying to explain exactly HOW your intestines take all of those vitamins and nutrients out of the food!! Most days now, I thank the good Lord for my PT background so at least I have SOME knowledge of how these things work. Otherwise, I'd be spending a lot of time on google.com!!

Keeping our newly-founded tradition alive, the kiddos got to have cupcakes for breakfast this morning. Apparently William took great note of Daniel's "party" back in July--we drug out blowers and hats since Scott was deployed and he'd decided to delay his party for a few months until his daddy and two best friends came home. I'd never considered pulling all of that out this morning since William's party is going to be next weekend, but he looked at me all excitedly as I went into his room to tell him to get dressed and said, "Mommy, I can't wait to see all of the party stuff downstairs!" OOPS!!! Mommy had to make a mad run down to the basement to grab a bunch of stuff & thankfully, the day was saved. PHEW! Here are the snaps:

From William BD


From William BD


From William BD


And, since Maddie and Allie ride to school with us, they even got in on the action!

From William BD


Happy 6th Birthday to the William-man!!!!

No comments: