Thursday, January 22, 2009

And so it begins......

Yesterday, William & I were watching Disney's The Fox and the Hound together. I don't know if you're familiar with this movie, but it's about a fox kitten and a basset hound puppy who get to be friends & grow up together. The song that plays throughout the movie is "We're the Best of Friends" and William loves the song. I asked him who his best friend was & he said, "Daniel!" Of course my heart melted!

Then, this morning, we're all home sick with nasty colds (see Tuesdays post!) & the boys are cranky. Daniel had a toy William wanted & he wouldn't give it to him, so William looked right at him & said, "You're NOT my best friend ANYmore!" and Daniel immediately starts yelling, "Yes, I am!" It's pretty funny in hindsight, but all I could think was "and so it begins....." How do they know exactly what buttons to push & how to be so mean at 4?!?

No comments: