Saturday, June 20, 2009

A big day

So, each of the little guys in our house had a big day today. First, Colin managed to roll himself over AGAIN. This time, he was in the pack-n-play and I was hoping for a nap, but he'd decided to try to see himself in his mirror, so he was pushing up onto extended arms. Well, one of them couldn't hold & collapsed, so over he went. It was pretty funny to see the shocked look on his little face. Of course, I had no camera as I wasn't expecting it, so maybe next time!

In the late morning, Scott took the big boys out front to do some bike riding. Up until now, Daniel hasn't been very interested in trying to cycle. He'd get on the tricycle, put his feet on the pedals, push his little heart out, and if they didn't start to go around, he immediately got off & was done. Today, he let Scott help him for a few minutes & "Presto!", he figured it out. I was just coming home from a shopping trip & Scott was dealing with both of them, so again, no pics! I'm aiming for a video soon.

And, William got his training wheels off today. Since Daniel can't use it yet, we took the wheels off his smaller bike so that he can still ride when he wants to, and also b/c we figured it would be easier to control the littler one since his feet reach the ground. He was able to go a few feet on his own. He was quite excited! I managed to get a few pics later in the day, so here he is. The sun was pretty much gone & he was moving, so they're dark & blurry, but you can get the gist:

From big kid pics


And here he is crashing into the grass:

From big kid pics


And, our neighbor Maddie is getting ready to start trying to ride her bike without training wheels, too, so she took a turn on William's bike. Here she is so her daddy (who is TDY right now) can see her:

From big kid pics

No comments: