I don't now where he went. I have this little PERSON living in my house now. He has opinions. And voices them LOUDLY! He walks. He talks. He even has entire conversations with himself. He figures things out, usually much quicker than I'd like him to. He goes up & down the stairs, and is quite good at climbing on anything & everything. He understands 90% of what you say to him. I'm just not sure how it happened!!
He loves music & books. His favorite song is Miley Cyrus's "Party in the USA". No, I kid you not. The kid lights up like a Christmas tree when he hears the opening bars & will sing the "yeaaaaaaahhh" chorus for 15 minutes after it's over. It's even recognizable! He loves to dance & has recently discovered a love for animals, which has led to a love of the book Time for Bed by Mem Fox. We now read it before naps and bedtime, sometimes more than once. And he INSISTS on turning the pages HIMSELF (there he goes again with the opinion thing, LOL!)
His vocabulary (or at least the portion he says voluntarily b/c he repeats a heck of a lot more!) consists of the following:
"Hi!"
"Uh-oh!" (sounds like uh-eh)
"Mama" and "Dada"
"William" and "Daniel" (although if you didn't live with him, you would probably miss these--sounds like ya-ya and dee-da)
"There it is" (also uses the same phrase and inflection for "there HE is" when playing peek-a-boo)
"thank you" (again, one you might miss, but the inflection is very clear & he says it right after handing you something--sounds like "da doo")
"go, go, go"
"done, done" (he never really said "all done", but says "done, done" instead)
"truck" (said for anything with wheels)
"outside" (usually said while pointing vigorously out the window!)
"night-night"
He's even recently started to put more than one word together & has been sticking "I" in front of things--"I go" for example. He also nods very seriously for yes and waves enthusiastically for bye-bye and hello.
He took his first steps hands-free back in May, but it has taken him more than two months to become a full-time walker. Now, he shoves me out of the way when he's walking around the house if I get in his way. He loves his big brothers & is happiest when they're playing with him. Check out the adorable train pics below for some examples!!
Here are some recent snaps of the Colin man who turns 15 months old today. I just can't believe he's racing toward being a big boy this quickly :(
He now lays on the floor to play with his toys:
| From Colin pics |
Here he is looking messily adorable after eating pancakes. He simply cannot resist sticking his hands in his hair while he eats. Pancake syrup is an awesome hair styling aid :) (It looked much WORSE in person!)
| From Colin pics |
Here he is mid-stride across the backyard. He didn't crawl at all this day. He was so happy to be able to chase the big boys!
| From Colin pics |
The boy loves to point!!
| From Colin pics |
Sunglasses are one of his favorite things right now. He can sometimes even get them on himself!
| From Colin pics |
He was so proud to sit at the picnic table next to the big boys!!
| From Colin pics |
| From Colin pics |
Our backyard is one of his favorite places, I think because he's actually allowed to climb on things back there!
| From Colin pics |
And, then tonight, I heard baby belly laughs intermixed with big boy belly laughs, so I went to investigate & this is what I found:
| From Colin pics |
| From Colin pics |
| From Colin pics |
They were taking turns pushing each other on the train while poor, slow Daniel finished eating his dinner ;) My baby may not be much of a baby any more, but he sure is still a ton of fun!!
No comments:
Post a Comment