All of a sudden, my little toddler just doesn't seem so little! He's entering the "terrible two's" way too quickly for Mommy's liking. He now throws fits when he doesn't get his way. He insists on walking everywhere we go (and Mommy is subjected to one of the afore-mentioned fits if I don't allow it!). He climbs onto EVERYTHING and now does it with ease, but doesn't have the safety awareness to stop himself from falling off of ANYTHING (ER, here we come!). He insists on doing everything his big brothers do and is absolutely adorable following them around the house, even when they so obviously don't want him to! He's really starting to communicate and there is never any doubt as to what he wants. One of the things he's been wanting lately is to ride in the monster truck. I haven't been very willing to attempt it, but he's been doing much better with following directions & remaining on his bottom when he knows he needs to. So, today, I let him climb in, told William to keep it in "slow drive" and stayed right on the side of him for a few laps around our street. He was soooooo pleased with himself!
Of course, when it came time, he refused to get OUT of the monster truck, but that's a story for another day :)
The other thing Mr. Colin has had his eye on is the chairs around the dining room table. He's managed to haul himself up onto them a time or two, but this week, he finally figured out exactly how to do it. It's ALL he wants to do, which is of course, driving me crazy. Today, I pulled out the strap-on booster chair & his little eyes lit up. He was climbing into it before I had it completely strapped on! I let him have a snack with the big boys at the table & he couldn't stop grinning. I think our high chair may be on its way out!
1 comment:
I can't believe how big he is! And I think he looks more like William the bigger he gets.
Love Daniel in the trunk of the monster truck, by the way. :)
Post a Comment