Monday, October 4, 2010

Daddy is home!!!!

Scott came home today! He's been gone since May 28th. I really wasn't sure how Colin was going to react since 4 months is a looooooong time when you're only 16 months old. Scott & I decided to do a staggered welcome home. William and Daniel both went to school this morning and Colin and I went to the airport to get Scott by ourselves. In true "me" fashion, I forgot to check the batteries on the camera and it died before we got to see Scott. Colin was having a blast running around the practically-empty airport when I got a text on my cell phone from Scott saying he was a couple of baggage carousels down! So, I let Colin walk down there & kept telling him to "Look who we're going to see"! He's looking & looking & looked right through Scott! When he finally realized who he was looking at, his little face just LIT UP and he got the biggest grin on his little face. Scott reached out to take him from me & Colin kept the same huge grin & matter-of-factly pushed his hands away. It was pretty cute! Like he was saying, "I'm sooooo glad to see you, but you can't have me yet." It took him about 20 minutes to warm up & then it was Daddy, Daddy, Daddy all the way.

We went home so Scott could change & then went to pick Daniel up. When his teacher opened the door to let Daniel out, he got soo excited & then got a little shy & buried his face in Scott's neck. Once he recovered, he had to take Daddy around & show him his classroom and everything he's been doing the past month. On the way home, we grabbed lunch & headed home. I finally managed to get a few pics:

From October 2010


Still not real sure about him:

From October 2010


From October 2010


Big kisses for his favorite Daddy!!

From October 2010


In the afternoon, Daniel & Scott went to get William from school. Colin was still napping, so I stayed home with him. In keeping with our tradition, Scott forgot the camera, so no initial pics with William-man. Scott said his face lit up, too, when he saw him. William introduced Scott to his teacher & told her proudly, "This is my Daddy! He came home today." Overall, a pretty good homecoming, I'd say!

1 comment:

Ryan, Dawn, Calvin & Alayna said...

Sounds like a great homecoming! So glad you are back Scott!