Thursday, February 5, 2009

Daddy's chain

So, one of the projects William has been looking forward to is making a paper chain to count down the days until Daddy comes home. I figured it was a good project for us to do with Aunt Sarah on one of our down days. So, we got out the construction paper, the scissors, and the glue. William was so excited to cut out the strips for the chain. And, you should see him cut a straight line. Aunt Sarah & I were very impressed! Here he is cutting them out with a little help:

From Daddy's chain


From Daddy's chain


And, helping Aunt Sarah putting glue on the strips:

From Daddy's chain

From Daddy's chain


And, the big helpers with the finished product:

From Daddy's chain


We counted out to April 10th from today & the grand total was sixty-four! Daddy should be home sometime between the 1st & the 7th (we hope!), so once we get a firm date, the game plan is for me to remove a few. Keep your fingers crossed that I get to take a few of these down!!

No comments: