We've never actually carved up a pumpkin before. Neither Scott nor I have ever taken part in this Halloween tradition. This year, the boys wanted to do it. They've been watching Halloween specials on TV & have been talking about it at school, apparently, so they wanted to "make a face on a pumpkin". I must confess, I looked up some tips on the internet. It was more daunting a task than I thought it would be! We pulled out a couple of sharp knives, a couple of Sharpie markers, and dove right in. Here is how it progressed. First, we cut off the top & scooped all of the pulp & seeds out. The boys LOVED this part--anything to legally make a mess!!
Next, it was on to the faces. William & I dug right in, but Scott & Daniel planned their attack with a couple of Sharpies:
Once the faces were done, we grabbed some candles & lit them up. The boys were SOOO excited!!
And all of us with the finished products:
The boys can't wait until it stops raining so we can put them on our front stoop!
No comments:
Post a Comment