Friday, May 14, 2010

My Little Sweetheart!

So, as anyone who has kiddos knows, they can be a challenge to raise. Some definitely more than others. But, I'll bet they can also tell you that the ones who can be the biggest stinkers can also be the biggest sweethearts! Such is the case in my house :) My William-man is the one who tests my Mommy-patience more than the other two. He's the one who's sent me to Amazon.com the most often in desperate search of parenting books. BUT, he's also the one who makes my heart swell the most often! He's like the little girl in the nursery rhyme--when he's good, he's very, very good, but when he's bad, he's horrid ;) (Minus the curl in the middle of the forehead, of course!) No in-betweens for us.

His latest sweet story happened because of Facebook. That networking website has an application that tells you all of your "friends" birthdays & when they're coming. I am "Facebook friends" with both of William's teachers. Mrs. Stricklin's birthday is today, so a couple of days before when Facebook put her notification on my home page, I mentioned it to William. He was very concerned about whether or not she would have a party. When I explained to him that grown-ups don't usually have parties for their birthdays, he wasn't happy. His response was, "Well, Mommy, she should at least have a cupcake!" I promised that we would bring her a cupcake to school on her birthday & he insisted on making her a card. Here is my little sweetie-pie with his homemade birthday card. On the front is a cake that he drew & colored all by himself. It's even got a candle on it.

From Big kid pics


From Big kid pics


And, a close-up of the inside, which he wrote all by himself with a little spelling help from Mommy:

From Big kid pics


It says, "Happy Birthday Mrs. Stricklin. From William"

And, one snap of him giving it to her and explaining what he'd written:

From Big kid pics


He told me when he got home from school that he'd made her birthday soooo special for her. And, he was so proud of himself. I was proud of him, too!

No comments: