Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Horsey-back riding lessons

So, before we saw Backyardigans Live, I let the boys watch the TV episode it was based off of. In the TV version, the "mighty knights" ride horses on their quest to find the runaway egg, Egbert. Sounds, exciting, right?? Long story short, William wasn't too sure how all this show-stuff was going to work, so I attempted to explain that we were going to see the Backyardigans perform on stage and what exactly that entailed. What he got from that was that we were going to ride horses on stage with the Backyardigans. He wasn't too disappointed when that didn't happen (I think because the show was SOOO fabulous!), but he did start asking when he was going to get to ride horses for real. And, he has a bouncy horse in our basement that he loves, so he was sure to make the distinction, "And NOT a bouncy horse, Mommy. I want a REAL horse!" So, I hopped on the internet and found a place about 15 minutes away, & here are the pics from our first outing. Daniel couldn't WAIT to get up there, but William was his usual reticent self for the first few minutes, and then did great. The horse's name is Smokey and both boys LOVED him. When he'd get stubborn and refuse to continue walking, they'd yell, "Giddy-UP, Smokey!" We're going to try to make it a weekly event. Check back later today for added video clips!! Be sure to click on the pic of WILLIAM to see all of the pics.
horseyback riding lessons

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: