One of Colin's godmothers is a baker. I aspire to be, but I'm just not. Long story short, Dawn called me up a couple of days ago & asked if I was going to make a cake for Colin today. As we're having her family over on Saturday to kind-of celebrate his birthday, my answer was no. She made me feel terribly guilty, so we decided to do cupcakes after dinner tonight. Knowing my baking skills (or should I say lack thereof), Dawn baked a "back-up" birthday cake, which we of course used as his smash cake. Check out how absolutely adorable it is! And, milk and egg-free, too!!
Here is the very clean birthday boy pre-smash and before we stripped him. Check out his "1" shirt:
And, in the obligatory hat and bib, still pre-smash. VERY unsure about what the heck is going on!:
Figuring out that he's allowed to touch it:
A little messier.....:
Being sweet & sharing his bounty. (Guess he figured she maketh, she can taketh away!):
Messy & asking to be cleaned up:
Mommy & Daniel getting ready for cake, too:
Opening his first birthday present:
Thanks to the friends who took time out of their evening to watch Colin dig in to his cake! I think his first birthday was a success!!
No comments:
Post a Comment