Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Chef Mommy and Assistant William

William has been watching several of his favorite shows & in a lot of them, the main characters cook along with a chef or their parents, etc. At the auction for his preschool, I "won" (i.e., agreed to pay more than everyone else) a cooking set. It came with two adorable aprons with all of the kids' handprints on them. One is Mommy-sized & one is William-sized. It also came with a chef's hat and a cookbook that all the kids contributed their favorite recipe to. And, by "favorite recipes", I don't mean stuff they like to eat. I mean they sat down with the teacher & dictated a recipe for something they knew how to cook. It's pretty hilarious! William's contribution was chocolate chip cookies that require "drips of water, like the kind from the bathtub." His teacher said she asked him 4 times & each time he repeated it verbatim! We never even make cookies, much less any that require drips of any kind of liquid.

But I digress......

William has gotten interested in cooking & has been insisting on helping me at breakfast every morning. I am "Chef Mommy" and am required to don my apron, even if we're just popping waffles in the toaster. He is "assistant William" which requires both an apron and a chef's hat. Of course, Daniel wants in on it & I was very pleasantly surprised by how willing William was to share both his cooking responsibilities and the treasured chef's hat. Here are a couple of pictures of my budding foodies:

From Big kid pics


From Big kid pics


And, just a quick picture of "whiney hiney" (as we politely call him when he starts on his whining fits!) when William wouldn't immediately give him the hat!!

From Big kid pics


Daniel's apron was a Christmas present from some of our good friends. William alternates between his white one and the one that matches Daniel's. GREAT gift idea for a kiddo if you're searching!!

No comments: