Before Scott deployed, we scheduled a weekend in Kentucky at
Dawn's parents house. We've been friends with the Simmonses since our Columbus, MS days. To be completely honest, the Simmons crew pre-dated me!! The first weekend I visited Scott in MS, I met Corey & the second weekend, Dawn took me shopping at all the hot spots (not that there were many!) in Columbus. All totaled up, we've been friends for over 10 years! In all that time, we've heard about the wonder of the KY farm. Dawn's parents are known as Granna and Pap-paw and Dawn spends a lot of time on their farm. Scott & I have often wondered about the appeal of Granna & Pap-paw's place, so when Dawn suggested a Kentucky trip this summer, Scott & I jumped on it. Then, the AF called. AAAAARRRRGH!!! Scott deployed & Dawn & I decided to make the trip anyway, sans guys. Needless, to say, I quickly got why Dawn spends so much time there!! Colin got out of his carseat & immediately began to crawl around the porch & play with the dogs. He kept stopping & looking back at me as if to say, "Are you sure it's okay if I do this???":
The big boys immediately got to sit on tractors
And, pick veggies
They got to ride a Kubota (which is like an industrial farm truck) and take a tour of the farm:
And, that was all only the first day!! More to come, so stay tuned :)
1 comment:
Sounds fun!
Post a Comment