So, we signed William up for T-ball. We researched several different options & a lot of them didn't fit with our schedule. For those of you who don't know us well, my kids go to bed EARLY. William has given up his naps & usually is in bed by 7 & asleep shortly thereafter. Colin has been "stretched" to 7 PM and is immediately asleep when his head hits his pillow. The YMCA had a program that was supposed to be weekday mornings (games & practices), so it was going to be right up our alley. THEN, we found out Scott was deploying, so I signed Daniel up, too. Hey, if I was going to have to be there twice a week with three kids, I might as well make sure 2 of them are playing, right???? THEN, we found out that the weekday morning thing didn't really work out, so our practices and games were going to be weekday nights. Can you say "ARRRRGH????" Scott was around to take the boys to their first couple of practices and then I was on my own once the games started. Here are a few pics from our first game. Colin did GREAT and the boys had a blast. Thank God for small favors & here is to hoping the rest of the season goes as well!!!
Daniel waiting on his turn to bat:
And, William getting the first out of the game. He ran up & grabbed the ball when the other team hit it & then tagged 3rd base. He had NO idea what he did & in 3-5 year old T-ball, they don't get "out", so they get to stay on base & keep running, so it didn't reinforce that he got an "out", but once I explained to him how great it was, he was soo proud!!
I've got a couple of videos of the boys batting, but am having trouble uploading them, so check back for updates on bikeriding and batting videos!
1 comment:
I love these photos! Can't beat little kid t-ball for entertainment!
Post a Comment