Sunday, December 14, 2008
Another potty milestone
Okay, so I realize that I tend to talk a lot about all things potty, but in the past few months, between Daniel potty-training and William getting completely out of diapers, I kind of feel like it has taken over my life. But, on a "letting go" note, this morning, William took his final step to being what I would call completely independently potty-trained. He came into my bedroom just after waking up & went immediately into the bathroom to "do his business". When he came out, he said, "Mommy, I woke up in the middle of the night & went to potty, but I didn't flush b/c I didn't want to wake up you & Daniel." Now, being not quite 4, he still sometimes gets his times of day confused & it's gray & rainy out today, so I thought initially that he meant just then. I asked him if he'd flushed just now & he said (in that patient "I must explain slowly to Mommy" voice he does so well!), "YES, Mommy. I tee-teed in MY potty in the middle of the night & didn't flush." So, I jumped out of bed & ran to his bathroom & sure enough, he was telling the truth!! Wooop-tee-doo!! My big boy now wakes up in the middle of the night & takes himself to potty. What a little man.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Now how did I get the nearly 6 year old that sleeps so deep that he won't wake up...I wonder if he dreams about the bathroom??
Post a Comment