Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Christmas Spirit

Okay, I confess. I'm attempting to be Scrooge-ish this year. My husband is gone & while I usually love buying a fresh Christmas tree & getting all of my ornaments & decorations out, the thought of doing it this year was just exhausting. Unfortunately for me, my house has been taken over by two pint-size elves who have apparently inherited my love of all things Christmas. I think if I hear "Mommy, Santa is going to leave x, y, z under our Christmas tree this year", or "Mommy, I can't wait until we get to decorate our Christmas tree. When are we gonna do that, Mommy? Huh, Mommy???", I just might string some lights around one of them & call it good.

So, under duress, I dragged all of the stuff up from the basement last night, and this morning, the boys & I put on some of that Christmas music (you know, the stuff I'm starting to dread!) and got to work. Daddy was able to webcam with us the entire time, so he got to see all of the jumping around the dining room in excitement (Daniel), all of the pulling ornaments out of boxes long before Mommy needs them (William), and all of the yelling "Don't TOUCH that until I ask you to!" (Mommy). All in all, it was pretty exciting for the boys as well as pretty uneventful for me, at least once I had the lights up (who remembers those things take so long to get right?). We were all in our Christmas jammies & with Daddy "there", it was a pretty nice tree-trimming event!

From Decorating the Christmas tree
From Decorating the Christmas tree
From Decorating the Christmas tree


AND THE FINISHED PRODUCT!

From Decorating the Christmas tree
From Decorating the Christmas tree

No comments: