Thursday, December 11, 2008

Big day

So, my game plan was to put Daniel in his new big boy bed after we got back from Christmas. Just trying to avoid too much turmoil if I can. But, unfortunately, he has discovered how to climb out of his crib! This morning, I got to sleep in until 7:15. Yes, you read that right! Neither of my children made a sound until then. What woke me up was a rather large "thump", and I thought, "Wow, Daniel is really kicking his wall!" Then, I heard from the room next to mine, "Mommy, PLEEEEEEASE open da door!", which is Daniel-speak for, "Mommy, I've climbed out of my bed & since you have this darn child-lock on the door, I can't open it." I had him show me how he does it & it was enough to make me want to run out & buy a mattress today! His room is being painted on Saturday, so it looks like Sunday will be the big day. He's very excited & has been talking about his big boy room all morning.

And, on another note, when my sweet hubbie sent me my birthday flowers, he was thoughtful enough to have them include a couple of Christmas balloons for the boys. When the lady delivered them, she had the strings looped around one of the candles & when she handed it to me, they managed to come off & drift up to the 18-foot ceiling in our foyer. I thought maybe I could just not point them out & the painters could get them down for us on Saturday, but no such luck. William noticed them at bedtime last night & all I heard this morning was "Mommy, when are you going to get our balloons down? I'm going to get the penguin one & Daniel's going to get the Frosty the Snowman one because that's his FAVORITE." How sweet is that??? So, up onto the step ladder, with a broom attached to my vacuum cleaner attachments and tape on the end, I went. I managed to get the tape to stick to the balloon string without falling over & here is the end result. They're saying, "THANK YOU, Daddy!!!!"

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: